5/2/12

Sunday Afternoon

Dear Diary,
            Tis Sunday, no later than noon.  Thy mother and nurse has come to me about marriage!  Marriage, can you believe.  I me, I'm only 13!  I wish not to get married to any one at this time.  My mother wishes for me to marry Paris! He is a lovely man but I don't wish to marry him.
             I am shocked by my mother and the nurse's request to marry him!.  There will be a ball tonight at my fathers house which is a Capulet.  Thy mother has  told me to look at him and think about my decision.  I agreed, that I will look to like, not to love.
              I don't know what will happen tonight.  I do know that I wish not to marry Paris!  Tis not my desire to hold hands with him and call him my husband.  My mother doesn't understand that I will soon love someone else and not Paris.  I haven't even seen him or felt any connection with him.  The nurse can't expect me to really be with Paris.  I know he's handsome but I can't do it.  I wonder what my father thinks of this.  I know he's always wanted me to wait until I was much older to marry any one.  So how can my lady mother ask me to marry Paris when I'm only 13?

No comments:

Post a Comment